Downloading the Outlook Plug-in
To download the Secure Document Exchange Outlook plug-in, please click here.
Outlook Plugin - Outlook Settings and Configuration
When you attach your first file to Secure Document Exchange, you will see the login window:
This displays the Secure Document Exchange server address, allows you to select whether the plugin should connect with http, https or automatically detect. It also displays your username and password which is the same as you use to login to the Secure Document Exchange web interface.
- Server: sdx.hdcloud.co.uk
- Username: Your email address
- Password: What you chose when signed up
PLEASE NOTE: you only have to fill this in once and the Secure Document Exchange Outlook plugin will keep you logged in even if you change your network password.
To access settings press the more tab when in a new Email window
The Settings Window looks like this:
And has the following configurable settings, from the top:
- It displays the currently logged in user.
- How many files you can attach at once and how long you want to see the window visible after you’ve sent the files.
- If you want the Secure Document Exchange Attachment information to be placed below the body of your email or at the top (please see the recipient email to see how the attachment information looks).
- Send the message using HTML, plain text, or do not send any message through Secure Document Exchange.
- The settings to automatically send attachments above a certain size, will attach files to Secure Document Exchange regardless of whether you have clicked the “normal” attach or the secure attach button if the file is above this size.
Sending files with the Outlook plugin
f your administrator has installed and enabled the Outlook plugin; when you are composing a message in Outlook you will see an additional section, like this:
As you can see, there are 5 visible buttons in the Secure Document Exchange section:
- Secure Attach — any file you would normally attach using the attach icon on Outlook can be attached using this Secure Attach button instead. This will cause any file attached to the email to be sent using Secure Document Exchange.
- Attach Folder — you can also attach a folder and all files in this folder will be attached to this email.
- Secure Email — this will cause the body of the email to be sent securely. When you’re done composing your email, hit Secure Email and the body of the email will be placed in a Word document and sent as an attachment through Secure Document Exchange.
- Select Existing Files — any file you’ve already sent that hasn’t expired is available to send again without having to upload the file again.
- The small button in the lower right will cause the Settings window to appear.
When you have selected a file to attach and send through Secure Document Exchange, another pane will open up like this:
Here you can see the files during upload, when they have completed uploading, and any error messages.
In the menubar of this pane are the buttons from the top ribbon duplicated with a couple of additions:
- The Permission Settings, the same as you would see in the web interface.
- The Message expiry date - when this message and these files will expire.
- The button to the far right in the menubar is another settings button.
- At the bottom, just above the “To” field, you will see the progress bars for the current file and also total overall progress for all files.